Question

FTP Configuratio on Windows 2003 Server

By rehanali786pk ·
i want to setup ftp on win 2003 but i am confused that if i have only live ip assigned by dsl provider , i am able to use this ip with out registerd domain . If i can do it , so plz tell me the ftp configuration..

example ip: 202.147.173.206

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Use DynDNS

by mike.walker In reply to FTP Configuratio on Windo ...

www.dyndns.com

1. create a free account, register a hostname using one of their domains (ie. My-FTP.homeftp.net)
http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/domains.html
2. install the client software on your server that constantly updates their server with your IP address (or use a Linksys router with this function built-in)
3. enable FTP to pass through your router to your server
4. when accessing from the Internet, use "My-FTP.homeftp.net" or whatever you created above. This queries their DNS servers to find out what your current IP is and redirects to your server.

Some ISPs block well-known ports for services like FTP, SMTP, WWW, so you might have to get creative with port numbering. Just make sure you use My-FTP.homeftp.net:port when trying to connect to it.

Collapse -

hello sir good morning sir

by ranaji_1001 In reply to FTP Configuratio on Windo ...

hello sir plz provide me help about in ftp through 2003 on my e-mail id ranaji_1001@yahoo.co.in i wait for ur answer if possible than give me ur toll free no

Collapse -

Tell me

by mohsinhashmi83 In reply to hello sir good morning si ...

Hi
how are you. My Name Is Mohsin hashmi . what can do for you . Plz tell me you any problem of configure ftp server . i hope . i slove your problem . You can send the E-mail on this Address.
mohsinhashmi83@yahoo.com

Regardful
Mohsin Hashmi

Collapse -

Someone else looking for help too.

by sparadrapo In reply to Tell me

Hello Mohsin,

Surffing on TechRepublic forums i got you and as i have been facing ftp problems i decided to write you.
Hope you dont mind about it. You seemed to be very helpful during your talks.

Well, summarizing my issue i have win2003 running properly and Filezilla FTP server on the top of that.
In my router the ports 20 to 25 and from 1024 to 3888 are open. I use NAT SUA.

when trying from inside i successfuly reach my ftp server.
When from outside i see simultaneously on window of my FTP Server that the ip user is trying to connect. It goes up to the point where i got the message:
425 Cant open data connection.

Friend of mine said that once he was trying to log in to it and couldnt even get the List.

Is there anything i should do?

Thanks in advance.

D. Furniel

Collapse -

hai everybody

by riyaskk4ueng In reply to FTP Configuratio on Windo ...

ihave some dudtes ftp configuration
plz help me or notes that

Back to Networks Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)