Question

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2735 and Vista Install.

By Darkchimaira ·
I am working on this laptop that a customer brought in he tried to format it and now cant reinstall Vista. During install it gets this error "This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.". I have read this on Microsoft's site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925481, but it didn't help. I tried loading the Intel? Matrix Storage Manager driver and it didn't work. I also tried diskpart clean all command as another site suggested but that didnt work either. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

RE: "..it didn't help, ..it didn't work, ..that didn't work either" ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li ...

Any chance you might describe these events, what happened while you used these different options, ANYTHING that appeared in the way of system messages - or are you saying none of these methods did anything at all - not even START ?

Collapse -

Nothing

by Darkchimaira In reply to RE: "..it didn't help, .. ...

When i loaded the Intel? Matrix Storage Manager it loads fine no error message just goes back to the where do u want to install windows and still gives the "This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." error. Diskpart clean all command finishes fine.

Collapse -

I would try

by balge In reply to Nothing

hi
If the KB you quote is relevant, I would try formatting and partitioning with a live CD rather than the Vista disk.
Did you check setupact.log for the error message?

cheers

Collapse -

No Recovery disk

by Darkchimaira In reply to I would try

Customer said when he bought laptop it didnt have any cd's. As to the log is a log written this early in the installion when u havent even selected where to install windows and if it is written where can i find it?

Collapse -

logs

by balge In reply to No Recovery disk

hi
logs etc see here -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933171/en-us

just a thought - how/why did customer format without disks...
cheers

Collapse -

So what are you installing Vista from ?...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to No Recovery disk

If the customer doesn't have any install discs.

*Come to think of it - what was the customer installing from?

Is this being done using a Recovery Partition? If so, has it been ENABLED within the BIOS ?

Edit for *

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)