General discussion

Gateway Performance 1000XL Issues

By sixstringstan ·
I have a Gateway that keeps Showing a Missing MTLDR File .When the Hard drive is Installed in another Computer it works Fine when its back in the Gateway Back to NTLDR Missing.I Removed the Battery and Moved the Jumper to Clear out the Chip.No Luck where else would this be Stored if so how to Reset the Whole Motherboard.Memory and All.It Has a SL4C8 Chip and E139761 Motherboard

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

If it is...

by cmiller5400 In reply to Gateway Performance 10 ...

If it is showing that NTLDR is missing, you should download the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic program and make sure that the HDD isn't on it's way out. If the test's come back okay, then you can try and copy the file back by using the spare machine to overwrite the current one. But my guess is that more is corrupted than NTLDR, and as soon as you fix that one, more error's will start popping up. Best bet is to wipe and reload or do an in-place install. http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189400897

Collapse -

Remove all physical drives except

by LarryD4 In reply to Gateway Performance 10 ...

Remove, well disconnet, all your drives floppy, CD-ROM, USB add ons etc... and just leave the HD plugged in and setup.

Check your BIOS and make sure that the boot sequence is directly to Hard drive and see what happens.

Collapse -

Removed all Drives But Harddrive

by sixstringstan In reply to Remove all physical drive ...

I did That now it Says CD/DVD Not Found Consult the Trouble shooting Section of Users Manual.
Press the Esc Key to Prevent Displaying this Warning in the Future.
Press Enter to Continue Without a CD/DVD
if I Hit Enter the Missing NTLDR is Back

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)