Desktop

Question

Good, not stupid expensive, CPU to buy for AB350M Pro4 Motherboard?

By calex52 ·
Tags: Windows, Hardware
As per the title.

Not the brightest when it comes to tech and want a CPU that'll actually work with my (seemingly basic) motherboard.

Looking to run modern games such as Warzone and Cyberpunk at decent frames with decent quality. Graphics quality not too much of an issue my current GPU is alright, but my current CPU struggles to run modern games at playable frames. Willing to spend a decent few hundred just nothing ridiculous.

Appreciate the help : )

Ps. To clarify, I'd consider 60 fps on medium-high graphics fine and dandy, **** I'll settle for a smooth 30 compared to what I'm getting.

specs current:

Processor
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Video Card #2
Citrix Indirect Display Adapter

RAM
8.0 GB

Operating System
Windows 10
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Re: CPU1

by Kees_B Moderator In reply to Good, not stupid expensiv ...

If you're sure the CPU is limiting the fps (check the CPU-load in task manager while playing) and not the GPU (the by far most common cause), here's the list of CPU's that are supported by your motherboard: https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/AB350M%20Pro4/index.asp#CPU

Pick your choice. Don't forget to search for benchmarks before deciding what to buy.

Collapse -

Thanks for reply may be CPU bottleneck.

by calex52 In reply to Re: CPU1

Thanks for the reply. I do believe it is the CPU as it is running about 70 percent but the GPU is barely scratching 10 percent usage, so it may be bottle necking. Again, I'm far from an expert though.

(this is playing cyberpunk, higher usage from the GPU with older games like CSGO and those kind of games run fine)

Collapse -

Here's what my son has to get to smooth 60 FPS on 1080p

by rproffitt Moderator In reply to Good, not stupid expensiv ...

1. An i7-9700 based desktop w/ 16GB RAM and all drives are SSD.
2. The video card is the GTX 1070.

Both your CPU and GPU are tiers lower so you need to swap out the graphics card first with my nod to the RTX 3060 if you can find one. Later you can make sure your RAM is in dual channel, 16GB or more then see if you get your 60 FPS.

Be sure there are no HDDs in the system. My son got to re-learn that lesson. Here you get it for free.

Collapse -

Upgrade

by BOB.B In reply to Good, not stupid expensiv ...

Do make sure the the cpu is the problem.

If it is and with 300 bucks a ryzen 5 3600 and 2x8GB of 3200 ram should move things along.

Just to pick around the edges a little run this and post a link.

https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/speccy/using-speccy/publishing-a-speccy-profile-to-the-web

Collapse -

Thanks for reply. think it is CPU

by calex52 In reply to Upgrade

Thank you for getting back to me. As I answered to somebody else. I do believe it is the CPU as it is running about 70 percent but the GPU is barely scratching 10 percent usage, so it may be bottle necking. Again, I'm far from an expert though.

(this is playing cyberpunk, higher usage from the GPU with older games like CSGO and those kind of games run fine)

Collapse -

Cpu

by BOB.B In reply to Thanks for reply. think i ...

Please run the speccy.
It's a little tough to help without being able to see under the hood.