General discussion

Graphic and textlayers in MSWord 2003

By O.Strauss ·
I created in MSWord 2002 a table with several lines and rows. Then I put a handfull of cliparts and own graphicfiles into the cells. Next I inserted some text into the cells. At least I sent the graphicfiles behind the text into the next layer. Now I have the problem that I cannot modify the graphics anymore. has anybody an idea to bring the graphicfiles back to the front, so that I can modify the graphicfiles again?
Many thanks for any ideas
Otmar Strau?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ReWrite In reply to Graphic and textlayers in ...

How did you insert the text? Did you just put the text into the cell or insert a text box? Whatever object is on top should be able to be set to the back and then the back object will come forward. Ex: click on the text box and then go to the drawing toolbar, click on the Draw item and choose Order. Choose Send To Back for the text box. Then the graphic will come to the top.

Remember that floating objects reside on one of the document's drawing layers, and, therefore, are visible only in page layout, online layout, and print preview views.

Cheers.

RW

Collapse -

by O.Strauss In reply to

you cannot click on the clipart to mark it - therefor you cannot change the order - thanks

Collapse -

by O.Strauss In reply to Graphic and textlayers in ...

I made the following steps 1) open an empty document 2) create a table with e.g. two cells
3) insert any text into each cell 4) insert a clipart into each cell 5) mark the clipart and format the object by layout to bring it behind the text 6) press Ok to accept the formating
-- from now on you cannot bring the clipart in front anymore ----- the only way I found out is, when mark the whole content of the cell and pull it by drag and drop out of the table into an empty area of the page - then you can mark the clipart and fromat the object-layout

This cannot be the normal way to get access of the clipart again.
Are there any other ideas
Otmar Strau?

Collapse -

by ReWrite In reply to Graphic and textlayers in ...

Actually, when you place the object behind the text it moves to a layer behind the table. To select it, click on the Select Objects tool on the Drawing toolbar and click on the clipart image (it will select the clipart even though it is underneath the table). You can now Click on the Draw menu item on the Drawing toolbar, Click on Order on the menu popup and click on Bring To Front. This will move the clipart on top of the table. You can then do what you want with the image and when done move it back behind the table again.

Cheers.

RW

Collapse -

by O.Strauss In reply to

Many thanks to you!

The 'select the object tool' was the special hint!

I had the following problems - first there were NO 'drawing toolbars' selected and second I had no idea (and there was nothing to find at any Microsoft-forum to bring any grephic back to foreground)

Collapse -

by O.Strauss In reply to Graphic and textlayers in ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums