General discussion

HAL 9000 profile photo creep's me out and network administration

By NZ_Justice ·
Dose it creep anyone else out? could you change it please HAL 9000?

Because it is the Networking section I guess I should discuss something networking.

Isn't citrix great. And each update it gets better and better, soon the will have a media server to rival ciscos.

Isn't the message "contact your network administrator" really annoying when you are the network administrator.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

your kidding right??

by faradhi In reply to HAL 9000 profile photo cr ...

I mean come on. Its an eye. Everyone has two of them.

Collapse -

It still creeps me out

by NZ_Justice In reply to your kidding right??

If it was a photo of two eyes I think that wouldn't creep me out, and it's more the skin around the eye that creeps me out. When I see it I imagine the eye belongs to a man with no skin just flesh, or that that person has skin cancer. It's really really red skin around that eye.

Collapse -

What pic? I can't seem to find it

by rAllcorn In reply to It still creeps me out

Hey, what eye? What pic?

Collapse -

I thought I stuck this in Miscellaneous

by NZ_Justice In reply to HAL 9000 profile photo cr ...

What the **** is doing in Network Administration?

Collapse -

This is fun

by NZ_Justice In reply to I thought I stuck this in ...

replying to my own post, maybe I should get back to work.

Collapse -

I wonder...

by NZ_Justice In reply to This is fun

Can I make this a "hot discussion" if I keep posting replys to my own thread?

Collapse -

New Theme

by NZ_Justice In reply to I wonder...

Hey what does anybody who is reading this think about this? Every time someone creates a thread they start that thread with ?HAL 9000 profile photo creep's me out and ..? and after the and they type there thread topic they want to discuss. Isn't that a great idea?

Collapse -

Network administration... Right

by NZ_Justice In reply to HAL 9000 profile photo cr ...

Isn't the message contact your network administrator really annoying when you are the network administrator.

Collapse -

That Hal9000 Photo

by maxwell edison In reply to HAL 9000 profile photo cr ...

Hal9000, affectionately known as Colin to us TR old-timers, almost had his chips cashed in for him when an automobile fell onto him as he was laying under it. I presume he was attempting to fix something or other. Why else would he be laying on the ground under an automobile? (Perhaps to escape the clutches of the "woman who is always right"?)

Anyway, that eye shot to which you refer, is from the aftermath of the bodily damage inflicted on our friend Hal9000, or Colin to the rest of us. The blood vessels in his eye balls had burst from the pressure of the falling automobile, and the photo shows the extent of the damage. (But probably well after the fact, after some healing had occurred.)

My guess is that Colin might like to see that photo from time to time, so as to remind him how close he came to "seeing" his final day on Earth, and/or how quickly he could check-out at any time with virtually no notice.

Personally, I like the photo. It reminds me of those same things.

Collapse -

Thanks for explaining

by NZ_Justice In reply to That Hal9000 Photo

I guess now I can live with been creeped out by it.

Back to IT Employment Forum
10 total posts (Page 1 of 1)