Question

Having problems configuring my D Link DI-524 router.

By sushant.sreeram ·
Hello All,

I know this topic's been discussed before and I 've gone through all those discussions but I still havent been able to resolve my problem.

This is the scene: I have a TATA Indicom Broadband Internet connection. Dont have any DSL router (basically a wire comes into my house that I connect to my laptop and login through a dialer).

I recently bought the D Link DI524 router to set up a LAN/WAN at my place. And this is where the trouble begins.

I go to the router control panel at 192.168.0.1 and run the wizard. And do a lot of other things but nothing gets the router working.

For the love of everything thats pure in this world, can you please help me out!! Will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

re: D Link and Broadband

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Having problems configuri ...

Chances are that the TATA is set to be 192.168.0.1 and it's "dumb" meaning you can't change it, which means both devices would have the same IP address.

First, try setting the router for its own IP to be 192.168.0.2 (or even an entirely different set of numbers) and other computers above that, leaving the TATA alone being the gateway on 192.168.0.1.

If that doesn't work, you may have to call D-Link to ask for set up help. It's entirely possible the DI542 isn't compatible with Broadband.

As a last resort, try calling the ISP. More than likely they'll tell you that they don't provide network setup help, but it's always worth a try. Sometimes you get someone on the phone that is willing to help.

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)