General discussion

Help

By phaseone2121 ·
I just became an net work administrator at my job, and I have very little training, but alot of questions...and deadlines. How do I add profiles to OutLook? i set up the names on my server, and now I need to be able to open up several accounts on my computer? what do I do?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Help

by mmartinez108 In reply to Help

you can go open Outlook and if it hasn't been installed it will prompt you to put in all the information: exchange home server and user account. if Outlook has been loaded you can go to the control panel and then the mail icon. open it and look for the Microsoft Exchange Server service in the middle of the window. Highlight it and click on properties. put in the information need: exchange home server and your name. Under the Advanced tab you can add in secondary mailboxes. if you need more help, email me.

Collapse -

Help

by phaseone2121 In reply to Help

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Help

by craigmjackson In reply to Help

Not to discount what the previous person was saying, but if you can avoid using different outlook profiles, that would be best. If a user logs in to a client machine, the profile will be automatically changed to "MS Exchange Settings" but the location of the profile changes when another user logs in. If you really need to administer outlook profiles, just right-click on outlook on the desktop and select properties (it is necessary from time to time). To ease your job, avoid having to go to the profiles every time you set up an account. If it is set up simply, all you should need to do is add a user in exchange (which will add an NT user if you let it), then after outlook is installed on the client, and you log in AS THAT USER you SHOULD just be able to double-click outlook and it will go through its wizard. Each time you log in a user to a machine for the first time, it will present you with a new wizard. I'm sure some books over-explain the usage of outlook (or MAPI) profiles, which should only need to be dealt with if the user needs special configuration (i.e. external mail servers) or you need to do some data recovery. Learn about them, they can be useful options, but try to avoid dealing with them as a matter of daily work. Simplcity is key with Mail Administration. I worked at Microsoft in the Exchange group, and more importantly have used it in almost every medium sized business I have encountered, so I love going on and on about mail, so email me if you wannapick my brain some more.
Let me know.
Craig Jackson
craig@jacksoncomputing.us

Collapse -

Help

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Help

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum