Question

HELP! (My wireless card)D-link DWL-G510 is freezing my computer?

By Crimess ·
Hi, I really need some help with this!! I've been looking everywhere for a solution but I haven't been able to find one!.

I just install a wireless card (D-Link G DWL-G510) to my COMPAQ Presario Desktop running with Windows-XP, I follow every step according to the guide, but every time that my computer tries to connect to the internet through the wireless connection it freezes, can't move my mouse, or hit ALT+CTRL+DL which leave me with the only option to hold the power button.

I don't know what to do to solve this problem, I even install the driver twice, search for virus etc and still getting the same problem.

And YES my computer works perfectly fine with a cable connection.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Did you check

by tintoman In reply to HELP! (My wireless card)D ...

that the wireless adapter was actually connected to a network BEFORE you tried to connect to the internet?

Collapse -

I would try....

by ---TK--- In reply to HELP! (My wireless card)D ...

and go to D-link's web site, look up your card, grab the latest and greatest drivers, and load them. If that doesn't work I would then try older drivers from their website. Also make sure you have Service Pack 3 for XP installed.

Collapse -

Did you disable the ethernet network connection first?...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to HELP! (My wireless card)D ...

If you are going to use the wireless connection you MUST disable the wired lan first.

Back to Malware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)