Question

Help! Need to recover corrupt Word 2007 file on Windows 10.

By sysyphus ·
Tags: Windows
Hi there, I have been working all day to try and find a fix for a silly mistake I made. I was doing a big backup on various external drives and accidentally deleted "Documents" on my hard drive instead of on my external drive. When I went into the Recycle Bin to restore the folder, something happened when I clicked on it and it disappeared, not turning up in the Recycle Bin or back where it was.

I used Disk Drill and two other recovery programs to recover the files off my little 128gb memory stick and also off one of the main drives, and got alot of stuff back, but alot is corrupted.

The main ones I need (three Word files) are quite corrupted and will not open - via various means that I saw suggested on the net. I have over 200 hours of work in these three files, so I have not given up yet in trying to recover them. I have tried Word Recovery and Stella Phoenix Word Repair but no success.

I have a great Asus Zenbook (UX303U) thats never given me any trouble, running WIndows 10, Office/Word 2007. Good security etc. Thanks in advance if anyone can offer any suggestions!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Windows Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)