General discussion

Help! Partition Magic error 626 at boot

By hwardmail-news ·
I started to re-partition a USB HD with PM 6.0 on my XP2003 PC. A bad thing! I have Raid 0 with 2 ATA serial drives. Now I boot and PM won't let me abort as my keyboard locks nor will the process complete as it doesn't see the external USB HD. I can get into Recovery console but can't get Partition Magic not to start at boot_time. What can I do? Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dean_magnusson In reply to Help! Partition Magic err ...

have you considered unplugging the two ata drives and just use the usb drive, to do the partitioning? which brings to mind....once the os on one or both ata drives on a raid system is unplugged, you'd need your os disc in the optical drive to see the usb drive and let it's version of partition magic do it's magic. the hard thing is keeping the drive just partitioned and leaving the boot sequence out. at reboot, it automatically looks for the boot drive, and all you wanted is the drive partitioned for your purposes.

Assuming your ata drives are plugged and running, and you plugged in your usb drive, was windows already updated for such a thing? to recognize a usb mass storage device? how large is the storage of the usb drive?

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)