General discussion

HELP - S3 Virge 325 ONBOARD VIDEO CARD

By mystifymnow ·
I am trying to find some way to brighten up my monitor display. The picture is fine on certain things, but on some games and pictures for instance, it is so dark I can barely see. I have a HP Pavilion 7270, with onboard S3 Virge 325 card. In the colors it says I get 24-bit, but if you click on down menu for colors, only half the squares have colors. I need to find out what driver or how to set the driver up to get more colors. (I tried monitor on another PC that has ATI card, and I was able to adjust it's Gamma control to correct picture). I don't know what to do, help!??? Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BuffaloDan In reply to HELP - S3 Virge 325 ONBOA ...

And S3's web site is unavailable too. hmmmmm

have you tried an updated driver from these sites...

www.windrivers.com
www.driverguide.com (id=drivers, pwd=all)
www.winfiles.com

Collapse -

by MtnSqs In reply to HELP - S3 Virge 325 ONBOA ...

These onboard versions often have very specific drivers to the motherbeoard. Fidn hte original CD that came with the motherboard and install the drivers from that.

Otherwise, go to the motherboard manufacturers site and try to find the drivers from there.

Otherwise you may have to get the S3 one - www.drivers.com should help

It may be that the onboard driver chip is fialing - try putting an graphics adapter card onto the system and you may get the resolution you want.

Collapse -

by Barmaley In reply to HELP - S3 Virge 325 ONBOA ...

Just the addition to last answer
check for ghost drivers first.
Second, with HP Pavilion computers the rae recovery CDs. 2nd or 3rd recovery CD is Application recovery.
Put that CD in, it autostarts (if not, locate recover.exe file on CD and run it), click on Device Drivers and choose your video driver and click OK.
Before reinstalling the driver you might want to remove previous driver first.
Hope it helps.

Collapse -

by ridire In reply to HELP - S3 Virge 325 ONBOA ...

I have the same dsarkness problem with an S3 Savage 4 card, and have used this utility to overcome it. I think it is monitor related, as other monitors are not as dark with this video card. The link is designed for the Savage family of cards, but might work for you still to add Gamma correction where it is not available inately.

Link: http://www.tweakfiles.com/video/s3tweak.html

--Paul

Collapse -

by mystifymnow In reply to HELP - S3 Virge 325 ONBOA ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)