General discussion

HELP!!! STOP:0000008e Bluescreen of death.

By spit01 ·
Hi, I need help co'z my pc turned blue screen and then restart in the middle of my job. the message was
*** STOP: 0000008e (0xC0000005, 0xBF806693, 0xF8771624, 0x00000000)

*** win32k.sys - Address BF806693 base at BF800000, DateStamp 43446

Beginning dump of Physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.

(This not related on XP installation, OS is already installed and all device are integrated).
Pls. help thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by spit01 In reply to HELP!!! STOP:0000008e Blu ...

My computer is IBM pc

Collapse -

by cmiller5400 In reply to HELP!!! STOP:0000008e Blu ...

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php is a great website for stop messages. It also includes a link to a msdn article link to article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/DevTest_g/hh/DevTest_g/t05_bugs_60_299217d6-98d1-4d1d-8068-883e89933845.xml.asp

Collapse -

by XT John In reply to HELP!!! STOP:0000008e Blu ...

What exactly were you in the middle of? Was it a more intense than normal program? I went nuts at home with the BSOD. The kids would always get it, and I never did. It seems they were multi-tasking big time, with all kinds of graphic programs, etc. that would cause the BSOD's. A bad stick of RAM was the culprit; seems it would crap out when the workload got intense, something I wasn't getting just 'cause what I was doing didn't affect it.

Collapse -

by spit01 In reply to HELP!!! STOP:0000008e Blu ...

We only make encoding co'z we use a system software for encoding that our entire company use.
It makes me crazy co'z its only me who have this problem.
Me and my officemates have the same comp. specs, & same system that we use.
they said it was a RAM problem, so I did change my RAM with new one but problem this persist.
I've already search in the web this STOP message, but I can't find the exact 4 parameters.
The wed displayed lots of STOP: 0x0000008e but with different 4 parameters. sigh!
Don't know if this is a kind of virus problem but I already visit my Anti-virus web site.
they can't help me.

Collapse -

by cmiller5400 In reply to HELP!!! STOP:0000008e Blu ...

In responce to your statement that the parameters are different, what is changing? Is the first staing the same all the time? The 2nd and 3rd could change because of where the file is located in memory. The first parameter 0xC0000005 is a message stating that a memory access violation occured. KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED is the STOP 0x8e message you are receiving. This means that the the system did not know how to handle an error in a kernel mode process, therefore it bluescreens. Did you try disabling any remote control programs you may have running? Post back any more info you may have. Thanks!

Collapse -

by Kiltie In reply to HELP!!! STOP:0000008e Blu ...

M$s Knowledge Base lists about 10 reasons for the Stop 0x0000008e error message, here is a link:

http://tinyurl.com/hvjzz

A lot will depend on what you were doing at the time and/or what your system setup is, have a look and see if any of the suggested errors look familiar

If not try Google for "STOP: 0x0000008E"
(include the quotes in the search, but don't bother about the other 4 groups of numbers, they are incident specific, so probably won't help)

These Stop codes can be a real bugger to track down.... Good Luck

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)