General discussion

Help with Exchange 2003

By Eminent87 ·
Hi,

We recently configured exchange 2003 and everything was working fine until a couple of days ago, all of the sudden our server got bombarded with tons and tons of bad emails. We normailly have about a couple hundred badmail a day but now we get about a couple hundred thousand a day. In addition, we are getting more 5mb (mdbdata directory) log files than usual too. I have to clean out these directory on a daily basis now because its taking up space. I've checked out some of these messages and they are all spams with incorrect address. How can I put an end to all of this?

Currently I'm trying the filter option within exchange to see if I can filter out some of the sender. Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Curacao_Dejavu In reply to Help with Exchange 2003

goo to www.exchangefaq.com to look up for email filters, one of the most used is from gfi.com.

you can also look at microsoft.com/exchange on their partners list who they recommendo as a supplement to exchange.

Leopold

Collapse -

by Eminent87 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by ctmoore1998 In reply to Help with Exchange 2003

Your server has been identified as a open mail relay. You need to verify your mail relay configuation and ensure that it is properly configured there are several articles at www.microsoft.com/technet to help with this configuration. You can test your mail relay at this site http://www.abuse.net/relay.html

Collapse -

by Eminent87 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Eminent87 In reply to Help with Exchange 2003

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)