General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Help with IP/DNS Settings for Dual Intel NIC Card in 2003 Win Server

by david786 ·

Hi,

I’m slightly out of my league on this one and looking for some basic help

I have a Win 2003 server on a small LAN of 8 PCs.

I just installed a Dual Intel NIC card.

The server is attached to a switch. Plugged into the switch is a DLINK wireless rounter which acts as a DHCP server.

I have RESERVED TWO IP addresses in the DLINK DHCP reservation list for the Intel NIC card, and configured the IP setup on the NIC in the server as follows:

IP Address 192.168.1.120 and the second one 192.168.1.121
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

Now in the Preferred DNS section below the above, I tried to use
    the DNS settings from my DSL modem

Preferred 68.104.28.11
    Secondary 68.104.28.12

BUT I get an WARNING that says “Warning Multiple Default Gateways are intended to provide redundancy ….blah blah blay……..disjointed internal networks blah blah……..Do you want to save this configuration?”

Well….given this message I dont think I am doing this correctly. Can someone please guide me as to the correct DNS setup?

Thank you!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Repost to the Q&A

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Help with IP/DNS Settings for Dual Intel NIC Card in 2003 Win Server

Try reposting this in the ‘Q&A’ forum. The ‘Discussion’ forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution. The ‘Water Cooler’ is for non-technical discussions. You can submit a question to ‘Q&A’ here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/questions/post?tag=mantle_skin;content

There are TR members who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution. Although there is some overlap between the forums, you’ll find more of those members in ‘Q&A’ than in ‘Discussions’ or ‘Water Cooler’.

Be sure to use the voting buttons to provide your feedback. Voting a ‘+’ does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours. If they have a ready source of reference available, perhaps won’t need to repeat questions previously asked and answered. If a post did contain the solution to your problem, you can also close the question by marking the helpful post as “The Answer”. .

Ooops

by david786 ·

In reply to Repost to the Q&A

Sorry, thanks for the response…will repost

different subnet needed

by jimmy chow ·

In reply to Help with IP/DNS Settings for Dual Intel NIC Card in 2003 Win Server

2 NIc must have 2 different subnet.

Viewing 1 reply thread