General discussion

Hitachi Visiondesk 1500 Series Bios Password Crack

By rdough ·
About 2000, iPhysicianNet developed a network of highspeed internet connections between physicians offices and pharmaceutical company representatives. This allowed detailing of products and services via video-conferencing.

The physicians were supplied with Hitachi Visiondesk 1500 Series desktop computers. When iPhysicianNet went bankrupt, the computers were abandoned with the physicians but were useless because the BIOS was locked and the user needed administrative privileges to modify the OS and software.

Former techs with iPhysicianNet developed and sold a patch that allowed access to the computer but not the BIOS. The result was a usable but crippled computer.

Having done an exhaustive search, and unable to find specific documentation to reset the BIOS password, I decided to try and crack it myself.

Success was optained using WIPECMOS FROM http://www.geocities.com/sjwoolham/ using the [W] setting. The BIOS was not disrupted.

I can now change BIOS settings, like RAM ECC status, and use the computer as I would any other.

I hope that this is helpful to others using this system.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)