Home networking – having issues enabling internet through LAN
Home networking Setup:
– From Router CAT5 [t568b] cable is connected to the wall-outlet.
– From there CAT5 [t568a] cable is passed through the wall and connected to the NETGEAR GS116 switch.
– Multiple cables are connected to the switch and output to their respective wall-outlet.
– From the wall-outlet the laptop is connected with the CAT5 [t568b] cable
– not getting any internet to the laptop though the LAN
– I don’t see any led lights on the switch when they are active
– when i test them with Southwire-M550 cable tester, i get 1-2 & 7-8 as miswire and 3-6 & 4-5 as reversal. The test cable used on the wall outlet is t568b.
Should I need to use the same cable type for the fix? or the issue is different!! Any help is really appreciated.