Question

How can I complete my HP Photosmart d110 wireless connection?

By blacksandedd ·
My HP Photosmart d110 printer came in a package with my Macbook Pro. It worked well before I decided to make our wireless network secure. I have a Dlink router. I can access the Internet from my Macbook Pro, and my wife can access the Internet from her HP laptop. I can no longer get my HP Photosmart d110 to access my router, even when I tap in the network password.
I did change the setup of the router from WEP to WAP (whatever that means) when I secured the network. Is it possible that the printer can't deal with WAP?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I would suggest you start by following the Install Directions

by OH Smeg In reply to How can I complete my HP ...

In the User Manual Listed under Connectivity on Page 25 of the User Manual.

However if this fails to work with your current Security protocols you can establish a Ad Hock Connection by following the directions on Page 26 of the same Manual.

If you no longer have the Users Manual you can view/download it here as a PDF File.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02106007.pdf

Col

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by blacksandedd In reply to I would suggest you start ...

Thank you for the guidance. I will try to read the directions. Thank you for the link.

Collapse -

WPA - not WAP, but the printer is new, yes?

by seanferd In reply to How can I complete my HP ...

It would have to be a bit old to not understand WPA (or WPA2).

The thing here is that it would be best to follow the instructions for networking the printer provided in the HP manual and the DLink manual. E.g., make sure the printer shows up as a connected device in the DLink, that it is allowed if you have set further restrictions, etc. Make sure that the printer knows you are using WPA, and what the password is.

Overall, you need to treat such network modifications as a completely new network setup, and approach them as such. Not only are you sure to cover all your bases this way, but when something doesn't work, you can point specifically to the exact point of failure when asking a question.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by blacksandedd In reply to WPA - not WAP, but the pr ...

Thank you for the clarification. I will try to read the instructions referenced in the answer above. :-)

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)