January 31, 2020 at 10:25 pm #2144455
How do I clone OS from HDD to SSD? (No files other than OS)
by bigc1109 · about 3 years, 4 months ago
I have just installed my new SSD, however it is a smaller size than my HDD. I am unable to copy my full system to the new SSD and therefore just would like to copy the OS for faster boot times. If possible, is there a way to clone specific games to the drive as well? Anyways, thanks in advance!
February 4, 2020 at 4:49 am #2422836
Migrate your data from HDD to SSD with data cloning software
by abby1991 · about 3 years, 4 months ago
In reply to How do I clone OS from HDD to SSD? (No files other than OS)
If you wish to transfer your data or only OS from an old hard drive to a new SSD, then you can try using data cloning software. There are many cloning software available but to get the best value for your money I would suggest you try Stellar Data Recovery Premium Software which combines the feature of data recovery with cloning and disk monitoring.
Below are the steps you can follow to migrate your data from HDD to SSD :
1. Download & Run Stellar Data Recovery Premium software and click Monitor Drive under More Tools.
2. Click Clone Disk and connect a new drive with the same or larger capacity than the drive which you want to clone using SATA to USB converter.
3. From Source Disk drop-down, make sure the drive you want to clone is selected.
4. In Target Disk, choose the externally connected hard drive.
5. Then simply click ‘Clone.’
After a while, the drive clone process will finish post which, you can turn off the PC and replace the old hard drive with the cloned SSD.
Hope it will help.