Question

How do I copy Outlook 2003 Account settings from my main PC to my Laptop

By p.tory ·
I have a stand-alone PC running Windows XP, and originally with Office 2000, now upgraded to Office 2003.
When I had Outlook 2000, I could export the account settings as .IAF files, and transfer the account info to my laptop, and import them there: Easy! But I cannot find this in Outlook 2003? Where have they hidden it?!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

export in pst file

by sang6iru In reply to How do I copy Outlook 200 ...

may be u can export your account into PST file, and import it using your Outlook.

you can find the export menu in outlook 2003 from the File menu

I hope it can help you.

Collapse -

Only exports data

by p.tory In reply to export in pst file

Thank you for your suggestion, but this only exports the data - the personal folders. It doiesn't export the email account settings.
This used to be so easy, and essential for easy backup of the necessary settings; then, when I need to rebuild my PC, or transfer to new one, or set up the same accounts on my laptop for when I need to work away from the office, all the settings were in one simple ".iaf" file per account.
It seems like the programmers, yet again, fail to see the way the users actually want to manage their PCs, and come up with something technically wonderful, and "Aren't I Clever, but sorry, I didn't think about the users...".

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)