Question

How do I fix a 0x80070057 error in Outlook 2007?

By Kerah ·
when i try to send a mail, it gives me error message with that code. any one can help???

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

How to resolve error message 0x80070057

Sometimes when you try to send a message in Outlook 2000 or earlier versions, you may receive the following error:

"xyz.pst can not be send - 0x80070057"

Here xyz.pst is the name of your PST file.

This error may occur if the Microsoft Outlook Express on your system is either not installed or was removed. Outlook 2000 and its earlier versions need Outlook express. If you have not installed or removed Outlook Express, Microsoft would not support Outlook. Since Outlook share files with Outlook Express. If you install Outlook with Internet Mail Only (IMO) option, Outlook will not run without Outlook Express. If you install Outlook with Corporate or Work group option, you will not be able to access the complete functionality of Outlook.

You can solve this problem by reinstalling Outlook Express. After installing Outlook Express, Outlook allows you to send the mails to access your mail account. Now your Outlook account will work without any trouble.

But when you were trying to access your account without installing Outlook Express, it might be possible that some of these mails got corrupted. These mails are still inaccessible or unreadable. It shows that you have lost your important data stored in the corrupted or damaged mail.

In such conditions, you are confused with what to do. In such situation, you need to use Outlook PST repair software:
http://www.repair-outlook-pst.com/
to repair and recover your corrupted mails. This is because your data were/was stored in Outlook and Outlook became inaccessible because of uninstalling the Outlook Express.

PST repair software is the tool that is used in repairing and restoring your damaged or corrupted PST files of Outlook. This software scans your entire Outlook account and displays the recoverable PST files. You can select your required PST file from this/these result(s) and then save on your specified location.

Hope this works for you.
:)

Collapse -

Sol

by VikasAjitMedhekar In reply to How do I fix a 0x80070057 ...

Reinstall Microsoft Office Outlook as shown below. If the problem still persists, then repair the registry using RegInOut software.

1. Click Start | Control Panel.
2. Click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
3. Select Microsoft Office from the list of installed programs.
4. Click "Repair" button.
5. Follow the on screen instructions.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by Mehul Bhai In reply to Sol

Zombie Alert!!!

Collapse -

Zombie Alert!!!

by Mehul Bhai In reply to How do I fix a 0x80070057 ...

Zombie Alert!!!

Collapse -

Fix 0x80070057 error in Outlook 2007

by carolinebrown In reply to How do I fix a 0x80070057 ...

In order to fix 0x80070057 error in Outlook 2007 you can try inbuilt Inbox repair tool. But when this tool fails to resolve the corruption problem then try PST Repair Tool to repair PST file safely.
http://www.repairpst.info

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)