Question

How do i fix error STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x8a9730ac, 0xf78de7b0, 0xf78de4ac) ?

By ericv99 ·
Ive searched around and couldnt find exact problem fix. The BSOD comes up not long enough to read it. Then a black screen comes up with some options(ive tried em all). After 30sec if no option was selected it restarts it self and does the whole thing over again. Bottom line is I cant get into SAFE MODE and stay there. It will come up for 3sec and the black screen comes up again. I do not have the startup disc. So Im hoping to get this fixed w/o it.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

This might help you.....

by Peconet Tietokoneet In reply to How do i fix error STOP: ...
Collapse -

dor

by improvepctools In reply to How do i fix error STOP: ...

Found a very good article talking about this problem, it might help you solve it:

<a href="http://www.improve-pc-tools.com/index.php/how-to-fix-0xc0000005-error-and-stop-it-forever/">0xc0000005 error fix</a>

Collapse -

Saqib

by sfareed In reply to How do i fix error STOP: ...

Update the computer BIOS
Remove unsigned drivers
Remove all third-party drivers

1. Use the Recovery Console to start the computer, or start the computer from a different installation of Windows if you have performed a parallel Windows installation.
2. Create a temporary folder to hold the driver files. For example, you could create c:\DriverTemp.
3. Move all files that do not have a creation date for Windows XP of 8/13/2001 from the %Windir%\System32\Drivers folder into the temporary folder that you created in step 2.

Caution If the computer relies on third-party IDE or SCSI controller drivers for correct operation, you must identify those driver files and then leave them in the %Windir%\System32\Drivers folder.
4. Restart the computer.
5. Continue the Windows Setup program. You can add the driver files back to the computer one at a time to identify the faulty driver.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)