Question

How do I promote a secondary Exchange 2003 email address to primary?

By dcaster ·
Hello,
I have a user who wants to start using a secondary email address as his primary address. His primary address is using our standard company policy of FirstNameLastInitial@domain.com - I created a secondary smtp address of MiddleNameLastInitial@domain.com for him as he goes by his middle name and prefers that address.

I would now like to make the secondary address his new primary address (so replies go out under that address & the GAL is updated with the correct name)

Do I just do 'Set As Primary' for the second address under AD>Properties>Email Addresses and also uncheck the 'Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy' for that user?

I don't want to have to change his computer/domain logon and windows xp profile as he is a remote worker in Australia & Malaysia and our DC is here in Seattle.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Set As Primary should be sufficient

by scndtnr In reply to How do I promote a second ...

I don't think you need to uncheck "Automatically update..."; that setting is primarily used when creating new accounts. The change should not have an effect on domain login or profile.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)