Question

How do I receive mail on Outlook 2007 from my Comcast.net account?

By simmons7408 ·
In the past, I've never had an issue receiving mail via Comcast in Outlook 2007. Two weeks ago I have not had any luck receiving any mail through outlook. I can access my Comcast mail through the Comcast server and by way of Ipod but not through the Outlook server. I have the problem on two separate computers. I have not had any success with speaking to the Comcast help desk. Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

How to Set Up Outlook 2007 for Windows to Send and Receive Email

by Peconet Tietokoneet In reply to How do I receive mail on ...

Just follow the instructions bellow:

http://www.help30.com/helpemailPOP/Outlook2007Setup.html

Collapse -

new setup?

by shiny_topadm In reply to How do I receive mail on ...

Hi, if nothing changed on your computer and you stopped receiving email, there are many things that could be wrong. If this is a new setup, did you use the 'wizard' to setup your account? It works very well with comcast accounts, but if it doesn't work, there may be something wrong with your PC or outlook 2007 installation.

Collapse -

How do I receive Comcast messages using Outlook 2007

by simmons7408 In reply to new setup?

This is not a new setup. All of the setup information is correct. I have set up outlook on several occasions without any problems. My test message in the setup shows my message as being complete. I believe that my messages are possibly being sent to a .pst file. I am not receiving any error messages.

Collapse -

"Outlook server"?

by seanferd In reply to How do I receive Comcast ...

Are you in a corporate domain using an Exchange server? Talk to the administrator. Maybe something has been blocked?

If not, what do you mean by "Outlook server"?

If you think mail is being directed to another location (it is always in a PST file unless stored on the mailserver or moved to an OST), check to see if you have any rules set, and that they are properly configured. --Does Outlook <i>act</i> like it is receiving mail? (Download indicator or mail alert.) Have you checked the Junk Mail folder?

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)