Question

How do I resolve BSOD Stop: 0x000000D1 of fetnd5.sys?

By Wolfe26 ·
I receive an BSOD error with the following info
"
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
***Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xFFACA208, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0XF8A10704)
***fetnd5.sys - Address F810704 base at F8A0E000, Datestamp 3b5818a8"
(minus quotation marks)

My computer will suddenly crash even if it's doing nothing.

I read another thread(http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic42861.html, post#4) about BSOD errors that was opened in 2006 that suggests that it might have something to do with the VIA Technologies chipset. I don't know more than that.

I have uninstalled a copy of AVG antivirus that I recently installed that thought might be causing the problem, and some drivers (Sentinel Protection key) I thought I may have overwritten with older ones, this didn't fix it.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Try updating your Motherboards

by Jacky Howe In reply to How do I resolve BSOD Sto ...

device drivers, especially the network card (NIC).

You should be able to work out what you need with Aida32.

AIDA32 is a professional system information, diagnostics and benchmarking program running on Win32 platforms. It extracts details of all components of the PC. It can display information on the screen, print it, or save it to file in various formats like HTML, CSV or XML. For corporate users, AIDA32 offers command-line switches, network audit and audit statistics, remote system information and network management.

http://download.cnet.com/AIDA32/3000-2094_4-10129233.html

Collapse -

Thanks for the fast reply.

by Wolfe26 In reply to Try updating your Motherb ...

I've also found this page http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6053684.html?tag=content%3bleftCol that says it might be faulty memory or a bad virtual memory page file and links to microsoft's instructions. I've followed the instructions on how to fix/reset the page file, we'll see if that does anything. I haven't installed ram recently so i don't think it's that, unless the ram has gone bad.

How do I tell what my NIC is?

Collapse -

The file that is causing the problem is

by Jacky Howe In reply to Thanks for the fast reply ...

Driver: Fetnd5.sys. Company: VIA Technologies, Inc. Description: NDIS 5.0 miniport driver

Aida32 should tell you what the network card is and it wouldn't hurt to update the Chipset drivers as well.

When you open Aida32 if you look to the left you will see Computer. Click on the + sign to the left of Computer to expose Summary, click summary and in the right hand pane scroll down to Network Adapter. If you hold your cursor to the right, on the blue text you should have a link to Driver downloads.

Collapse -

If this is any help

by OH Smeg In reply to Thanks for the fast reply ...

Recently I have seen a lot of systems where RAM has Failed.

On every occasion one RAM Module has failed for some reason and the problems range from cryptic BSOD Error Messages to a non booting system.

But I would suggest updating the VIA Drivers first and see if that helps.

Col

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)