Networks

Question

How do I share a clients net conn. on a LAN w\ Server 2003 DNS?

By curtis.barney ·
I have a client with XP sp2 and an internet connection on a LAN w\ Server 2003 set up w\ DNS and static IP's. How can I share the connection with another client on the network, and still access the network without changing my servers IP?
I am willing to change all the clients IP's if I must and am also willing to add DHCP role as long as it doesn't change my server IP.
Please Help Me!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Can you not get another router/switch..

And then just "adhoc" (piggyback) the router/switch?. This way you can connect/share your computers and transfer files or what every you want.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

Collapse -

this is my setup.

by curtis.barney In reply to Can you not get another r ...

I have a client mach. with an internet connection (no router) that same machine connects to a hub that is connected to the rest of the LAN. there is a hub my net connection goes to that then goes to the client. Right now I have both clients that I need to access the net from connected to this hub, but in order to switch computers I need to disable the others internet card. I just want to have them both able to connect simultaneously. I think it should work on my network. Shouldn't it?