Question

How do I stop an Asus P5P800 from rebooting?

By Bronn ·
I've got a P5P800, 2gb ram, 2x3ghP4 and I've had it for a little while. I recently put a PNY 6200 card in it and win7. Now, it reboots constantly. I've reloaded the os, replaced the card and the problem remains. Any thyoughts?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Well first a couple of questions

by OH Smeg In reply to How do I stop an Asus P5P ...

Did this system work with 7 previously?

What Power Supply is involved here and is it big enough to support this new Card?

Does the system continue to restart if you use a Boot Disc?

As for thoughts as ASUS do not provide any Windows 7 Drivers for this M'Board I would imagine that it is not Windows 7 Compatible which could be causing the issue.

Another is that the Power Supply is not powerful enough to support the new hardware and is causing the problem.

Or maybe the PS has been overtaxed just too long and is now marginal and needs replacing with something bigger/more powerful.

Here however I would suggest getting a copy of the Ultimate Boot CD which is free from here

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

And running some Diagnostics. Test the RAM, CPU and Video for starters and see what errors if any you get. Then work from there.

Col

Collapse -

XP

by Bronn In reply to Well first a couple of qu ...

I had XP PRO originally and the problem occurred while that was installed so, I thought that maybe the OS got corrupted and then installed win 7. I did replace the ram with new sticks (2gb), replaced the video card and set the bios to default. I'll try the disk you mentioned and see what happens...Thanks!

Collapse -

Lets know how you get on. NT

by OH Smeg In reply to XP
Collapse -

It was the ps

by Bronn In reply to Lets know how you get on. ...

Actually what I did was try everything you guys suggested except replace the PS because it was the only thing that I had to buy. Low and behold I bought a new PS and it solved the issue. Now it makes sense. As it started to go I was getting the intermittent surges causing occasional reboots...as it got worse it just started to continually reboot. Thanks again.

Back to Desktop Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)