Question

How do I transfer the settings and files used by Office 2010 Professional?

By yokubaitis ·
I have Windows XP and Office 2010 Professional running on a too-small hard drive that contains a lot of Office 2010 Professional settings and files that I want to transfer to a larger hard drive that is running Windows XP and a fresh install of Office 2010 Professional. I know how to locate and transer the PST files, the templates, the OFFICE folder, and the My Documents files, but how do I locate and transfer all the other settings and files used by Office 2010 Professional?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

i would clone the drive

by markp24 In reply to How do I transfer the set ...

I would just image the small drive and restore it on the larger drive (you can use driveimage xml, ghost, acronis drive image, clonezilla, macrium reflect, todobackup, etc)

for searching pst files :just search the hard drive for *.pst and include hidden/system golders
when there listed then sleect them all and copy them

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by yokubaitis In reply to i would clone the drive

Thank you for your reply.

To expand on your thought, I believe I should reinstall all my programs on the larger drive, copy all files in my user folders on the smaller drive, and restore the copy of my user folders on the smaller drive to the same user folders on the larger hard drive. Would that work?

Collapse -

Do you want to reinstall everything, or not?

by seanferd In reply to How do I transfer the set ...

If you do, all program settings are kept in your user profile subfolders. You can copy those over.

If you don't just clone the drive. A lot of drive vendors make software for this available on their websites, and some may still ship software disks with their drives. Or you can use any of the options markp24 listed.

Back to Hardware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)