Question

How do we block Antivirus 2010?

By Flyb412 ·
How do we block this Microsoft Windows Security Center Antivirus 2010?
It started yesterday, it won't get out of the way, obnoxiously - constantly popping up.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Found a link here

by cmatthews In reply to How do we block Antivirus ...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-2010

Your PC was infected with Braviax. (Malware that takes money from people by displaying misleading ads). It appears official in the system tray like notices coming from the operating system

Collapse -

why!!!???

by Mehul Bhai In reply to How do we block Antivirus ...

Why you want to block it? In First Place why did you install it if you do not want it? Just un-install it if you do not want it.
But I think it should be Microsoft Security Essentials and not Microsoft Windows Security Center Antivirus 2010 as you mention. Otherwise give more details.

Collapse -

Hey cowboy go easy, he seems sorrry enough..

by cmatthews In reply to why!!!???

.. besides, it says he's retired (have a little respect) we can't know if it's a shared PC ;-)

Collapse -

You don't seem to have respect

by Mehul Bhai In reply to Hey cowboy go easy, he se ...

I was just trying to help him. Read my post properly. You don't seem have respect to proper discussion.

Collapse -

I think he is possibly conflating 2 different things

by seanferd In reply to You don't seem to have re ...

The MS security functions, and the Antivirus (year) malware.

One will likely need to go.

AV 2010 shows a fake security center, which is likely what the fellow is talking about.

Collapse -

You started out with both hips blazing..

by cmatthews In reply to You don't seem to have re ...

..if you know what I mean.

There is a way to answer here, and since many of these things install via other infections, that wasn't it (you should know that).
Excess exclamations, and terse why did you install it? hmm.. go figure..

Collapse -

You really should pay more attention

by Varseller In reply to You don't seem to have re ...

The poster clearly stated Microsoft Windows Security Center Antivirus 2010, which is a well-known rogue program. It is not a Microsoft product but a spoof. Your answer questioned his intelligence when it is you who are not familiar with the problem. So who is being rude?

Collapse -

This insidious virus has been around for years ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to How do we block Antivirus ...

Each year the suffix changes (I first experienced it in 2007 with a 2008 suffix in the title).

The trick is to get at it as soon as possible, as soon as the pop-ups begin to appear. Left alone, the pop-ups increase in intensity/frequency until you can barely reach the Desktop before the next pop-up blocks your view.

As I recall, it used to be that SuperAntiSpyware stood a better than average chance of getting rid of it, bit as I say - it all depends how long the infection has had to gain hold of your system. There will be other methods (usually involving the use of Anti-Rootkit utilities) but I'm not sufficiently 'up' on this particular virus. It's been quite a while since I've heard of anyone getting suckered in to installing this hostage-ware.

Ultimately it can become so invasive that the only recourse is to wipe the hard drive completely and then reinstall the OS.

Collapse -

This is probably your best answer

by OH Smeg In reply to How do we block Antivirus ...

This is a nasty piece of Hostage Ware which if left long enough Takes your Data Hostage and you have to pay to get it back. The down side here is that send your Credit Card Details to a criminal who can do with it as they please which means that you loose more money. :0

Follow the above directions now and not latter as the longer that you leave it in place the more likely you are to have real problems.

Col

Back to Software Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums