Question

how i can install hp laserjet 1020 printer in thinclients

By satishmls_2007 ·
how i can install hp laserjet1020 printer in thinclients user there is no default drivers i think if any default drivers are there inform me

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

When using Dumb Terminals or as some call them Thin Clients

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to how i can install hp lase ...

You should have a Print Server that you run the printer/s from. If you need to install one locally you need to add it to the User Profile for the Workstation that you are attaching it to at the server.

You will also need a means of attaching it to the Thin Client as well so unless you have drivers for the Server of the Thin Clients you will not be able to install these printers. But you need to look at what is available on the server and what connections you have on the terminals.

Col

Collapse -

Depends on the model of thin client

by kate In reply to how i can install hp lase ...

Not sure which model you are using, but I was able to get an HP 1022 to work with the HP1100 (MS) driver. Not perfect (some issues with a labels template we were using) but it functions.

Collapse -

HP LJ 1020

by badrinathan In reply to how i can install hp lase ...

Hi If you are using Linux/ Win CE Thin Clients, then you cannot install this printer as it is not a network printer. In case you are using XPe thin client, then you can install using print server option. If you wish to know personally call me up @ 0-9940680351

Collapse -

printer on thin client

by educationsavana In reply to how i can install hp lase ...

hello sir

i am using fedora core 6 on k12ltsp thin client
and as like you i also want to attach a seprate printer only on that thin client . If you have got any solution or any idea about that plz let me know ..about it ...
m waiting for your reply.........

Collapse -

HP 1020 on Thin Client

by servertekzim In reply to how i can install hp lase ...

According to HP Support, since the HP 1020 is a Host Based Printer and not a Post Script Printer, it can not be installed directly on the Thin Client.

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)