Desktop

Question

How is Dell XPS 2020 Desktop Quality? Is it worth the buy?

By Simpleit2020 ·
Tags: Windows, Hardware
I have been an HP user, However the HP Pavilion I purchased lately ended up having a Fan issue, I returned it and now i am looking at DELL XPS Desktop PCs.

I have been using my old HP for 6 Years without any issues. Only Upgraded the power supply.

Is it Possible to rely on DELL products? specially desktops?
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Always debatable.

by rproffitt Moderator In reply to How is Dell XPS 2020 Desk ...

https://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/10-of-the-best-desktop-pcs-of-2015-1304391 does lead with a Dell XPS.

If I were to pick up a desktop I tend to go with heavily discounted refurbs or build my own from https://pcmasterrace.org/builds

Why it's debatable is HP, Dell and others don't make parts like fans, drives and video cards. Most tend to avoid problems like Apple has (example at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiCBYAP_Sgg ) It's a mystery how Apple maintains the "air" of quality.

It's also true no matter which maker you could get one with a bad part but it's not as if the maker made it badly (with exception to Apple.)

Collapse -

Dell

by BOB.B In reply to How is Dell XPS 2020 Desk ...

I have a Dell machine.
It's not a desktop.
I can't fault the machine.....it works.
Many of the Dell machines you can customize to your liking.
Narrow it down to a couple of models and read the reviews.

Tech support is a little iffy if you plan on using that option.
Don't expect to OC the machine as Dell blocks that stuff with their limited bios.

Collapse -

Re - How is Dell XPS 2020 Desktop Quality? Is it worth the buy?

by BillyFeltrop In reply to How is Dell XPS 2020 Desk ...

DELL XPS Desktop PC delivers outstanding performance, leveraging up to 10th Gen Intel Core i9 k-series processors that is featuring 10 cores and 20 threads. There are two models including XPS Desktop and XPS Desktop Special Edition. No doubt about that both machines are designed for easy upgrades.

Collapse -

How is Dell XPS 2020 Desktop Quality? Is it worth the buy?

by Naheed Mir In reply to Re - How is Dell XPS 202 ...

If you are looking for office work laptops with a good battery then yes you
should definitely go for it. The best advantage is that it is very easy to
upgrade. If you can share your budget then we can suggest some more
good systems as per yourbudget.

Collapse -

Top notch

by 96vr46 In reply to How is Dell XPS 2020 Desk ...

it is top notch and also the hardware is pretty good and latest. It would same performance as new for couple of years with no issues.

Collapse -

Dell XPS

by Naheed Mir In reply to How is Dell XPS 2020 Desk ...

If you are looking for office work systems with a good battery then yes you should definitely go for it if you prefer windows over mac. Don’t worry about performance Dell XPS is a beast in itself. They are portable and you will never regret your decision. Go for it.