Question

• Creator
    Topic

How much, and what kind of licensing do I need for Office 2010 on RDS?

by ditchmagnet ·

I need to install Office 2010 on Server 2008 R2 running RDS. Is this what I need?

http://www.provantage.com/~1350348144.htm

There is no media with that, so I don’t know how I get the installer.

There are 35 RDS users, do I need to get a different license for each one? They won’t all be using it at the same time, but there may be 5 people using it at a time. I know that every RDS user needed their own RDS CAL even though they weren’t going to be using it at the same time, so I assume it is the same here. Is that right?

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by ditchmagnet ·

In reply to How much, and what kind of licensing do I need for Office 2010 on RDS?

Clarifications

AH Microsoft Licensing Questions

by oh smeg ·

In reply to How much, and what kind of licensing do I need for Office 2010 on RDS?

First here you need to buy a Volume License Version of this product before trying to buy that option.

That way you get the install Media and Product Key that allows you to install the product on [b]X[/b] Number of computers. Well actually you can install it on as many as you like as there is no limit to how many times it can be installed other than M$ sort of Insist that you buy Licenses for the number of Installations you will actually be using and in a case like Office this means the number of users not how many will be using it at any given moment.

This is Not CAL type Licensing but Software Licensing.

I would suggest contacting your Local M$ Office and speaking to the person there on Volume Licensing for the right answer to your question.

Col

Viewing 1 reply thread