General discussion

how to backup Exchange useing Symantec backupexec 12.5

By vaibhav-goa ·
hi,
my backup exec 12.5 server is crash so i reloaded the s/w on other server of VMware
now when i take exchange server backup it fails. with mention error

Backup- HO-MAILV-79-57344-65233 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\HO-MAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE000FED1): A failure occurred querying the Writer status.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
Writer Name: Exchange Server, Writer I {76FE1AC4-15F7-4BCD-987E-8E1ACB462FB7}, Last error: The VSS Writer failed, but the operation can be retried (0x800423f3), State: Failed during prepare snapshot operation (.

nedd F1 (help) to re configur.
thnx

Vaibhav V.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

We had the same issue

by Nicklen In reply to how to backup Exchange us ...

There's an option in the symantec backup exec settings, which copies open files.
http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/products/White_Papers/Data_Protection/bews_91_aofo_wp.pdf
Although u have to buy a seperate license for this feature, Symantec sure has a way to rip off its customers but after all the backup solution is good i guess. I had an invite to one of there product review sessions, i asked the symantec guy why it happens.

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)