Question

How to clean the dust out of a HP Pavilion dv9700 laptop.

By fafdsfs ·
I was thinking of taking it apart but its really difficult and i have to dismantle it completely to reach the heat sink and fans and there is a risk of bricking it. Is there an easy way of getting the dust out because i have a felling that there is a lot.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

A can of compressed air

by Jacky Howe In reply to How to clean the dust out ...

Clean the Cooling Vents

Depending on the model, vents can be found on the side, back, and/or bottom of the notebook PC. These vents allow air to flow through the PC and keep it cool. Buildup inside these vents impedes the cooling process.

Clean I/O Ports

The back of the notebook PC has a series of ports. After cleaning the cooling vents, take the compressed air and **** out any debris that may have accumulated in and around these ports.

Without dismantling the notebook you are limited as to what you can do.

Collapse -

:) a Homer Simpson moment

by CG IT In reply to A can of compressed air
Collapse -

LOL

by Jacky Howe In reply to :) a Homer Simpson mom ...

I could imagine Homer doing it but even he has his moments.

Collapse -

A Vacumn but then :)

by CG IT In reply to LOL

just get your standard shop vac, put the hose over the top of the exhaust fan, turn er on! lol

Collapse -

Green slime

by Jacky Howe In reply to A Vacumn but then :)

everywhere. LOL

Collapse -

Hard to clean without disassembly.

by 1bn0 In reply to How to clean the dust out ...

Just schecked the maintenance manual. Here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01295898.pdf

Same setup as a nc6000 I recently pulled apart

The fan sucks air up through the intake in the bottom, spins it around and then attempts to **** it through the heat sink cooling fins and out the back.

The nc6000 had fine dust like cement powder completely blocking the fins. Used a thin paper clip to dislodge the dirt. I still had to take the machine apart to remove the dust bunny made of cat hair stuck between the fan and the cooling fins. Compressed air won't remove it.

The machine kept shutting down after 2 to 3 minutes from the heat build-up. Keep it up long enough and it can ruin the processor.

After I removed all the cat hair and other crap, I reassembled the machine and it now works great.

Collapse -

And after you clean it out use a Cool Pad

by OH Smeg In reply to How to clean the dust out ...

Like the one shown here

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzI=

These have fans in them and suck the air away from under the NB and because of the higher speed airflow suck any air borne dust and other crud away from the Air Intake of the NB. The NB will run cooler and last a lot longer with one of these things under it and plugged into a USB port.

Col

Back to Laptops Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)