General discussion

How to configure ISA 2004 to allow users to access internet email, like Hotmail and Yahoo mail?

By Blue screen ·
I installed ISA 2004 when users go to Hotmail and Yahoo mail or any other places on the internet that requires username and password and warns that you are about to enter a secure site they get a page cannot be displayed.
I allowed HTTP and HTTPS with no luck.
Any ideas or rules that need to be install?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jacobgin1 In reply to How to configure ISA 2004 ...

There will be group that will have access to the internet. This group is specified when u configured the server. So just add the required users to this group and they will be able to browse. U can find which group in the configuration panel in ISA server. The request for user name is because they are not members of the group.

Collapse -

by Blue screen In reply to How to configure ISA 2004 ...

The protocol was the HTTPS but it was enable and initiated the connection it was strange so i uninstalled and reinstalled and enable the HTTPS again and it work with no problems.

Collapse -

by dgolic In reply to How to configure ISA 2004 ...

Try monitoring user session on ISA Server monitor (built in feature). From there you could figure out what exactly is the problem.

Collapse -

by Blue screen In reply to How to configure ISA 2004 ...

Thanks for the reply, i actually had to reinstall the isa-2004 and it work fine but didn't find out the problem.
i am new to isa-2004 so procedures would be great.

Collapse -

by alin.selicean In reply to How to configure ISA 2004 ...

I don't have an answer for your problem, only an advice.

Look on www.isaserver.org, I remember seeing this topic there. If not in the articles section, then for sure in the forum section you will find your answer.

Regards,
Alin

Collapse -

by alin.selicean In reply to How to configure ISA 2004 ...

Here's a search result on "yahoo mail" on isaserver.org, for your convenience.

http://forums.isaserver.org/searchpro.aspx?phrase=yahoo+mail&author=&forumid=ALL&topicreply=both&message=body&timeframe=%3E&timefilter=0&language=single&top=300&criteria=exact&submitbutton=+OK+

Back to Security Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)