Question

How to connect two window 2003 server

By navneet_dev ·
i have two server with os window 2003. How can i connect these server so that if one of them stop working the work load automatically shifted to other server

Please give me the detail solution

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Failover clustering

by timwalsh In reply to How to connect two window ...

In the Windows world this is known as failover clustering (i.e. if one server dies, the system failsover to another identical server in the cluster.

This feature/capability is only available with the Enterprise Edition of Windows Server 2003 or 2008. You would need a copy/license for each server in the cluster.

Even if this is the edition you are running, this subject is so complex, that it would be impossible to give you a detailed answer on how to implement this solution in this forum. Microsoft Technet has probably the best documentation on how to implement this.

Collapse -

As

by voldar In reply to How to connect two window ...

timwalsh said, you should set them in a cluster. But, with only two servers, you can't create a cluster. You need a SAS or anything like that, to accomplish what you want. From my experience, don't go there. The Windows cluster is great, as long as you don't change anything after creating it. At the "minor" change (let's say a domain change for the servers), you'll have problems with it.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)