General discussion

How to get out of Office 2000

By superbat ·
OK. Everyone but me loves Office 2K. No one but me wants it gone. I removed it & re-installed Office 97, but Outlook won't work, and spell check is still looking for Word 2K. It has more hooks than should be legal, & Microsoft won't allow its removal. They would call it bad programming if they hadn't done it. Does anyone know how, short of formatting & re-loading Windows, to get rid of this BAD software? I deleted the directory it left. I hunted through the registry. It just won't die!!! I have never had a program do more damage! This is our future??? HELP!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Cader In reply to How to get out of Office ...

You can try a little registry cleaner for Office 2k called eraser2k. It is on Microsofts web site, or email me and I will send it to you. I used it once and it seems to clean out all of the unwanted Office registry entries. I think I may find unused files as well.

Collapse -

by superbat In reply to How to get out of Office ...

The cleaner got most of it. Thanks.
It still asks for the CD when I spellcheck, but that just demonstrates that Microsoft never expected anyone to not like it enough to remove it. How arrogant! Anyway, thanks for the cleaner. It helped...

Collapse -

by Bill Cassada In reply to How to get out of Office ...

When only one person hates something it is often due to a misunderstanding of it. What are your probs with O2K? I've used it for some time with relatively few glitches. Never had a program do more damage? What damage??? Maybe we can help. Soon MS will quit support for 97...then what will you do? Let us give it a shot.

Collapse -

Miss-understand... I've had relatively few glitches too, just more than with O97, so I simply want to get rid of it. MS never allowed for that!
Obviously you didn't detect the sarcasm in the note. Also, if it didn't have problems, there wouldn't be so many repair tools & patches out for it. O2k is the worst MS package to date. Win2K isn't as bad, and it has something like 60,000 known bugs, 12,000 of which are considered "signifigant" by Microsoft.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)