Question

How to recover data from or repair a corrupt Word 2010 file

By fabioalani ·
Tags: Windows, Software
I created a password-protected Word 2010 doc at work, brought it home using a flash disk, tried opening it using Word 2007, and it won't open. The annoying thing is, it doesn't even present me with a password-entry box. Word runs, but flat refuses to open the doc. I have the password, but what bloody good is it when I'm not presented with the password-input dialogue?
OpenOffice Writer yields no joy, and WordPad tells me the document is either 'Corrupt or protected under Rights Management.' NotePad opens it quite willingly, and I see frequent references to 'encryption' that look coherent, with large blocks of text that did look so.
Winzip says the file is 'not a valid archive', which an unencrypted Word 2010 file should be a valid archive.
Is there anything I can do to recover this file?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Word File Recovery

by JuneJ.Payne In reply to How to recover data from ...

I personally recommend a quickly recover & repair virus attacks, unexpected system shutdown or in case of accidentally deleted Word files. Tool restores word files .doc, .docx, .dot, .dotx and .rtf formats. It can also supports MS Office versions like MS Word 97, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.

To get more details visit here : - http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/word-file-recovery-tool.html

Collapse -

Well, if you have tried to open the file on multiple machines

by johnfranklin1 In reply to How to recover data from ...

Then that definitely indicates a problem with the file itself rather than your machine or your Word installation.

The only thing you can try in this case is an "Open and Repair" inside of Word.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open Word.
2. Click on the Office button in the upper left and click on Open. This should open up a file window.
3. Browse to the file you want to open and click on it ONCE to highlight it.
4. In the lower right-hand corner of the file window, click on the downward pointing arrow next to the Open button.
5. Choose Open and Repair from the menu.

This will attempt to repair the file.

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)