Question

How to recover truncated notes in Outlook 2007 Contacts

By aiyaduh ·
I save long notes in the Notes section of each Contacts in Outlook 2007 and lately all my notes get truncated. There does not seem to be a way to get it back and the message below scares me to modify it:

"[Notes were truncated. Modifications will cause data loss.]"

I'm not sure if this happened after I started to use my Nokia E71 phone with Exchange ActiveSync and the phone software is truncating then notes.

Does anyone know of a workaround to recover all my notes?

On a different issue, I can't seem to view my backed up contacts in .PST file. I've saved a few .PST files of my Contacts folder as a backup but can't seem reopen it to see the contact info. In the FOLDER tab, I see the name of my backup but can't get to the contacts. When I used the Export Wizard to export to a file, I saved as a .PST file and selected only the Contacts folder to backup.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Unless you have a backup, it will be hard to recover your files..

by Peconet Tietokoneet In reply to How to recover truncated ...

You need to ALWAYS have a backup system for your data and programs.
We at Techrepublic always go on about backup this and backup that, so now you have hit a brick wall. Well now is the time to put in place a backup system of your own. If your data is really valuable to you (running into thousands) then you could try and get someone to recover your files.
If your data is not so valuable, I:E, you can get hold of the info again (though slowly) then this would be your next move.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)