General discussion

How to remove SQL 2000 driver?

By esrfalco ·
We had loaded an app that used the SQL 2000 ODBC driver. Now we unloaded that app, and have a new one that needs the older SQL driver to function reliably. When we install SQL 7, it does NOT overwrite the SQL 2000 driver that still remains from the previous app.

So, how do I remove the SQL 2000 ODBC driver, and overwrite it with the SQL 7 (3.70) driver? Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by jiglover In reply to How to remove SQL 2000 dr ...

Let's start by saying I am not an expert in this but I have had to deal with ODBC and SQL driver issues.

First, it might be that you need to reconfigure your System DSN settings for your program. The SQL 7 driver may still be there but it's trying to connect to the SQL 2000 database.

In anycase, these settings are found in control panel - ODBC Data Sources (32 bit). Go to the System DSN tab. See if the old 2000 odbc is listed here. If so, you can remove it. This is also the place where you can add the SQL 7 ODBC if it is not in the list. (If it is in the list you can reconfigure the settings, as well.)

If you're missing the 7 odbc from the list you might be able to download it from MSFT. You're looking for the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC), but I'm not much help as to which MDAC has the 3.7 ODBC driver.

I also can't tell you how to configure an existing 3.7 ODBC that might be looking for the uninstalled 2000 database.

Hope this helps and for what it's worth - I wouldn't start changing stuff around without a good back up or a nice weekend to put things back together if something goes wrong.

Collapse -

by esrfalco In reply to How to remove SQL 2000 dr ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by esrfalco In reply to How to remove SQL 2000 dr ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums