Networks

Our forums are currently in maintenance mode and the ability to post is disabled. We will be back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Question

how to turn on broadcom wireless on compac Presario F500

By hglynn07 ·
i have installed broadband but my wireless connection has been turned off and I dont know where the button or what keys to press to turn on the wireless connection - please help

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

There should be a button

by The Scummy One In reply to how to turn on broadcom w ...

above the top of the keyboard (most Compaq/HP models) that looks like a microphone with signals coming out of it. This is their wifi antenna symbol.
On some models it is on the Left side of the unit.
press the button and a blue/purple light should turn on as well. This is the wifi adapter.

If it will not turn on here, r. click on network places -- select properties -- and r. click on Wireless Network Connection and choose either 'enable' (if disabled) or 'repair'

Collapse -

On some Compaq chassis the button is a flush slider, so...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to how to turn on broadcom w ...

If you are feeling about for a button that sticks out, you're wasting your time (or at least I was wasting MY time when I was looking for it!).

On the front edge, to the left hand side, you may find a little slider that moves from left to right (ON is to the RIGHT) - this slider is FLUSH with the rest of the fascia, and to make matters worse the fascia is grooved, presumably to look and feel groovy! :^0

<Groovy typo>