Question

How would I route a Motorola 2210-02 Modem thru a Netgear WGT264

By adaypastdead ·
I just relocated and went DSL. The only problem is I cant seem to get internet access when forwarding it thru my router. I can only connect when my PC is hard lined to the modem. can anyone please shed some light on the situation?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Possible issues

by Jellimonsta In reply to How would I route a Motor ...

I would assume your public interface on your Netgear router is configured for DHCP?
Also, have you tried reloading the Motorola DSL modem when plugging in the Netgear? The DSL modem may not assign an IP until reloaded due to assigning to the MAC of the PC.
Also, you may want to verify the TCP/IP settings of your connected interface on your PC. Ensure it is DHCP (or can check through command line with ipconfig /all). If it is statically assigned, you will need to configure your outside router interface to match and set your PC for DHCP.
Another option may be your ISP locks down to your PC MAC, so your router may have the option of 'appearing' as your PC by changing the MAC advertised.
Regards.

Collapse -

resett the router

by mpace In reply to How would I route a Motor ...

You will need to reset the router to factory default. The router is set to use the prior ISP's information and will now need to be set to be able to use the new ISP.

Collapse -

Google is Your Friend

by rkuhn In reply to How would I route a Motor ...

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WGT624.asp

Once you know the version, the manuals and instructions are included.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)