Question

HP 1020 Network Printing Problem

By faizshiraji ·
Hi, I?ve critical problem. I have a printer HP 1020 which is installed with my pc. And we have 10 PC in my local network. We use above printer share basis. But problem is when some one (without my pc) try to send print command from their PC before complete print command they can?t do anything from their PC. Like MS Word document open or edit, Email reading or editing nothing can?t do.

We install above printer in another local network for test. But we can?t see any problem above like that.

Thank you

Faiz Shiraji Doller

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

"We use above printer share basis."

by Absolutely In reply to HP 1020 Network Printing ...

Operating system?

Windoze = crappy

Deal with it.

Collapse -

Re: HP 1020 Network Printing Problem

Try and get a printer server. You can get hold of external hdd'd with printer server built in to them, this will be your answer/cure to your problem. What is happening is that users are sending printing commands to the printer and since the printer is ON your computer the system comes to a slow crawl, so it makes other people/users on your little network to nearly come to a stand still.
Please post back if you have anymore problems or questions.

Collapse -

Printer Driver Setting

by wluders In reply to HP 1020 Network Printing ...

On the machine where the printer is installed open the folder 'printers and faxes', right-click the printer and choose properties. Go to the 'Advanced' tab. See if the option 'Print directly to the printer' is ticked and if so, untick this option. Tick 'Spool documents' and click 'Apply'. Printing from all workstations in your network should be faster then.

Collapse -

HP Network Printer Problem

by ashily24dee In reply to HP 1020 Network Printing ...

Hi,

In the HP network printer, there are several issues that might result in a print job failing to print. The print diagnostic utility diagnoses and repairs these issues, including checks and reports connection status and printer status. It verifies ports and identifies and corrects conflicts, checks driver and device manager for the problems and checks the print spooler and print queue.

http://printers.iyogi.com/hp/hp-network-printer-problems.html

Hope this information helps you.

Collapse -

Zombie Alert: OP was January 2008!!

by robo_dev In reply to HP 1020 Network Printing ...

That's gotta win some sort of award. Unless you like to hear yourself talk, don't feed the zombies!

Back to Peripheral Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)