General discussion

HP 5000 with Intermittent duplex errors

By dhanus ·
I have a customer with a HP 5000 laser printer that has a Intermittent duplex error, the problem is that there is not a duplexer installed on the printer. I have never seen the display when this happens, there is also the same problem going on in another location, where the technician replaced the dc controller and formatter board, but this has not corrected the problem. One technician stated that when he called HP on this problem they stated to change the formatter board, both of these parts will not correct the problem. I was wondering if anyone ran into this problem before and has a fix for the problem.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by AmberHaze In reply to HP 5000 with Intermittent ...

I have run into a similar problem on another HP model in the 5000 series. You didn't mention if you were using PCL or PS but in my case switching the user to the PS driver solved the problem... The best I could figure it out was an error in the translation of some PCL functions.

Collapse -

by dhanus In reply to HP 5000 with Intermittent ...

I replaced the cable that goes to the display, sensor, . they call it the accessory cable purple cable so far it seem to work. The drivers the customer are using-- Unknown since our company deals with only the hard ware part of the service, I am asuming they are using the right drivers. Thanks for all the input

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)