Question

HP 510 Notebook PC - SP33751.exe (Keyboard Drivers) . . .Source?

By OldER Mycroft ·
I'm having the devil's own job trying to find a download site that actually HAS this driver file.

Every site I've tried "say" they've got it - but the file is NEVER there.

Any ideas folks?

<Edited for typo>

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

This might work??

by Dedlbug In reply to HP 510 Notebook PC - SP33 ...

It looks like the FTP is missing the file. This is a link to the Compaq verson which has a file by the same name. ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/

Scroll down, you'll see the file. I am not sure if it is the same though. =/

Collapse -

Lets know if the above doesn't help

by OH Smeg In reply to HP 510 Notebook PC - SP33 ...

And I'll have a look see but if this is any help from past experience HP drivers only seem to be freely available from the US Web Page and not your local countries Web Sites.

Col

Collapse -

No joy - unfortunately . . .

by OldER Mycroft In reply to HP 510 Notebook PC - SP33 ...

dedlbug : Thanks anyway, I used the ftp route and it seemed like the end of the line. However after 3 attempts to download and install I've come to the conclusion the Driver file is most definitely corrupted, sadly.

There's 2 possible drivers:

sp33751, then supersceded by sp34473.

Both download but will not execute due to file corruption.

I've still got this HP 510 notebook sitting here and using the onscreen keyboard I've managed to reinstall from the recovery directory, then use another 'sp-pack' to get the touchpad working.

I reckon the User deleted the backup for the keyboard driver, coz there's a quick glitch in the recovery routine, and the keyboard is still totally SNAFU in Windows (it works in DOS & BIOS).

Collapse -

Try this one Mycroft

by OH Smeg In reply to HP 510 Notebook PC - SP33 ...

Here is another one called sp26752.exe I don't know if it works as I have nothing to test it on but it came from here in the HP's UK site

http://tinyurl.com/2bposv

Col

Collapse -

So near & yet so far . . .

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Try this one Mycroft

This one downloaded and installed: just as it finished installing the touchpad died and I thought "Great, it'll invoke the new driver on reboot."

On reboot, sure, the touchpad came back to life in a much more stable condition - not as twitchy as it had been before, BUT the laptop keyboard is still dead.

I was sure it was gonna work but it didn't.

At present, in Device Manager, BETWEEN 'Network Adaptors' & 'PCMCIA Adaptors' (where there would normally be nothing!) it has:

...? Other Devices
........? Network Controllers
........? PCMCIA MTD-0002
........? Unknown Device

Clearly I still have some way to go, but I can't understand WHY this sodding keyboard refuses to play ball.

This is really starting to get on my t!ts !!

<Edited for typos>

Collapse -

You've got a nasty one there

by OH Smeg In reply to So near & yet so far . . ...

HP generally uses Keyboards that use the Generic Windows Drivers because it's easy and simple for HP.

However this one doesn't seem to want to play ball and seems to be Possessed and is trying to drive you crazy. I'll have a look see but from memory the Driver was only for the touch pad and HP don't list any Keyboard drivers for that NB.

Col

Collapse -

You're right - HP don't do a keyboard driver...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to You've got a nasty one th ...

Each site I've been to, there's NEVER anymention of 'keyboard' in the driver name. only in the category heading.

It's really odd that a keyboard can't work with a generic driver. Could it be that the User has damaged something else while meddling as only Users can (and do!)?

A few days ago (feels like weeks) there was a development after installing one of the driver updates - the keyboard DID react properly - but I got carried away in the fervour of my own 'success' and updated other drivers. - THEN, no keyboard again.

I've been trying to think of some kind a malware doing this but haven't come up with any possibilities - period.

Afterthought

Another thing that is REALLY spooky about this laptop - it doesn't have a HD light, so you never know whether it's doing anything or not.

Apparently, from the HP blurb, the light was left out of the design to help keep costs down. Corny or what ???

<Edited for afterthought>

Collapse -

Time to perform a Wipe & Reload? :0 <NT>

by OH Smeg In reply to You're right - HP don't d ...
Back to Software Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)