General discussion

HP 8100n Printing Problem - Help Please

By jwiegratz ·
What's up all...

So we have a 8100n that's on the fritz. When you print anything, even from inside the printer IE, self config pages... The first page prints fine, however when the 2nd and following pages print, the left margin is pushed over about an extra inch, which then causes the right side of documents to not be printed on the page.

What's the fix? I know of no updated firmware for this printer. The rollers and feeders appear to be clean, and I've replaced the toner/drum.

Thanks for all your help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Sounds like a software problem

by AV . In reply to HP 8100n Printing Problem ...

I'm not sure what software you are printing from, but if you are using MS Word, check that you don't have a section break after the first page. Maybe there are different margins/formatting for those pages. If you click the show/hide icon on the toolbar, it will show you whether you have a page break or section break in the document.

Also, try printing from other applications to see if it is just a problem with one application. If you have the same kind of problems with every application or your document is formatted consistently but still doesn't print right, then I would download a new printer driver from HP and install it.

If that doesn't work, it could be hardware.

Collapse -

by jwiegratz In reply to Sounds like a software pr ...

It's hardware bro.... when you select to print the configuration from inside the printer, you get the same results.... 2nd page being off center about an inch farther to the right than it should be.

Anyone else have ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Collapse -

Same issue

by mspink In reply to HP 8100n Printing Problem ...

I am experiencing the same issue -- Do you have any tips for me?

Back to IT Employment Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)