General discussion

HP 890C printer problem

By solchooljian ·
Printer set to print last to first pages. Prints 2 -3 pages and then aborts. Same regardless of 50 page or 4 page document. Is this voo doo or a simple one. would appreciate help. running PC/XP Pro, latest printer driver from HP. Have run all HP diagnostics and MS hints (not worth it).

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mjd420nova In reply to HP 890C printer problem

Check the control panel and the memory settings
for the cache. Next double check the spooling
settings for the printer in the printer control
panel. If this is one of the printers that
has on board memory, it may be faulty, or not
enabled.

Collapse -

by jbrich In reply to HP 890C printer problem

Had an 890C for many years an absolutely terrific printer. I had over 86 cartridges for it but sooner or later its time to expire will be upon you. I suffered through what you are experiencing now and tried to get a final month out of it but ended up chucking it out. Hated to see it go. I did not examine the component board but my guess and its only a guess there is a logic failure in one of the components, not worth diagnosing.

Collapse -

by ctrservices In reply to HP 890C printer problem

Before you toss the printer, try the following. What it does is completely uninstall anything HP printer-wise. Then you can reinstall the printer drivers knowing that at least the uninstall was complete.

1.UNPLUG PRINTER USB CABLE
2.CHANGE TO CD-ROM DIRECTORY (START?RUN?BROWSE)
3.CHANGE DIRECTORY \UTIL\CCC\UNINSTALL.BAT
4.DOUBLE CLICK UNINSTALL.BAT (FOUR TIMES?EACH TIME RUNS A LEVEL FROM 1-4)

-disconnect printer

-uninstall software

-start ? run ? (driver cd letter)util\ccc\uninstall

-reboot

-msiexec / regserver ? ok (reinstalls MS installer)

-install

Collapse -

by siddh_patel In reply to HP 890C printer problem

Hi,

These printer have less buffer memory. So do not give 50 pages at one go. print the 10 pages at a time. This problem comes when file size is larger because when you given print at take same space in printer buffer memory.

Try spooler service stop/Start from Service before you give print out. Sometimes windows spooler service also create this time of problem.

Reward if you find this valuable.

Regards
Siddhpal Patel

Collapse -

by solchooljian In reply to

Thank you for your help. I am sure that it would have solved the problem hoever it has been some time since I used the printer and it had a hardware failure and has been removed from service.

Collapse -

by siddh_patel In reply to HP 890C printer problem

Hi,

These printer have less buffer memory. So do not give 50 pages at one go. print the 10 pages at a time. This problem comes when file size is larger because when you given print at take same space in printer buffer memory.

Try spooler service stop/Start from Service before you give print out. Sometimes windows spooler service also create this time of problem.

Reward if you find this valuable.

Regards
Siddhpal Patel

Back to Hardware Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)