General discussion

HP 950 all in one printer problems

By dragyn_myrlin ·
My printer of very little use refuses to fax, copy or scan. It will usually print documents from the PC. Always says warming up. Have connected plug directly to wall outlet, re-downloaded software three times and to no avail. When initializing, the scanner bar does light up. It's not in a cold room. Help. Right now it's nothing more than a paperweight and I need it!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dRb63 In reply to HP 950 all in one printer ...

Even though the lamp lights up, the problem is most likely the lamp. You might find that the system "periodically" works but until you replace the lamp, it'll never be the same. Also, you're going to find out that replacing the lamp is almost impossible. HP will not sell the lamp. You may have to contact GE or Sylvania. I've been down this road a few times. Sometimes it ends up that the unit becomes a very expensive desk icon.

Collapse -

by dragyn_myrlin In reply to HP 950 all in one printer ...

Okay, finally got up the nerve to take it apart. I just can't figure out how to remove the bulb. The top plastic piece on the scanner bar will only move on one side as on the other side there is a small plastic piece molded in so the top cannot be slid back. Any suggestions?

Collapse -

by int In reply to HP 950 all in one printer ...

sounds to me that the powerunit in the printer is not working correctly

phone HP and ask for the spare-part support center

Collapse -

by dragyn_myrlin In reply to HP 950 all in one printer ...

I think the powerhead is okay because I can print directly from the computer. I can't use the other functions including the camera card slots. I am having a great deal of difficulty finding the bulb. The only thing it says on it is W1, and there seems to be no cross reference for it anywhere.

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums