General discussion

HP Compaq NX9010 BIOS Password needed

By hunsfutz ·
I can get to the XP logon screen however the user reset and forgot their password... I cannot bypass because the system was set to boot to the HD only. No USB or CD/DVD devices are bootable. Therefore I cannot wipe the Windows SAM database.

I have tried the following procedures to no avail:
1 - Remove CMOS battery. Left out for over an hour. Also removed battery pack just in case. Did nothing.

2 - Searched MoBo for CMOS reset jumper. Cannot find one.

3 - Searched the Internet for a very long time and cannot locate a way around this password. The only way I have found is to post the hashcode and hope that someone supplies it to you as a response.

4 - Called HP support. They require proof of purchase before supplying password based on hashcode. So far the owner cannot locate the receipt after 2 weeks and I doubt they will since this model is ~8 years old. Hashcode is obtained by hitting F12 at the BIOS password screen. It is '02322' or ' 02322' if you count the leading whitespace.

5 - I have searched for a cracking utility to do this myself but cannot locate any so far.

Can anyone provide a solution to this issue?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

No.

by seanferd In reply to HP Compaq NX9010 BIOS Pas ...

<i>The members of TechRepublic - A Resource for IT Professionals and Riff Raff, will not assist anyone in the recovery of lost passwords. You may have a legitimate reason to recover a password. However, we cannot verify your motives and will therefore not assist anyone in what may be an attempt at gaining unauthorized access to a computer system. Due to the open nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes. This is a risk that we the members of TechRepublic will not take. Please do not ask questions of this nature on TechRepublic. If you have a legitimate need to circumvent a password scheme, please contact the vendor for the software / hardware and request their assistance. E.g. Windows XP password recovery issues should be taken up with Microsoft's technical support, Phoenix BIOS password recovery issues should be taken up with Phoenix Technologies, etc.</i>

Collapse -

Thanks HAL 9000

by NexS In reply to No.

Oh, wait... I got it wrong. Wha-?

]:)

Collapse -

Wrong Australian.

by seanferd In reply to Thanks HAL 9000

Actually, that is the Jackie Howe version.

I used to edit the original template for each post, then I just adopted Jackie's version.

edit: But to be mistaken for HAL 9000... :8}

:^0

Collapse -

We all know

by santeewelding In reply to Wrong Australian.

He grooms you.

Collapse -

Haven't seen Jackie recently

by NexS In reply to Wrong Australian.

So I guess I overlooked the other obvious.

Back to Storage Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)