General discussion

HP DesignJet 800 Network configuration

By regjmb ·
I use Windows NT 4 Workstation. I have successfully installed HP DesignJet 800 choosing local printer option (LPT1), but I need it to be configured directly on the network. I set up the network configuration on the printer Front Panel, but I cannot use it through the network. The ping command tool is successful. How can I manage it ?
Thanks for your help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Coolflip In reply to HP DesignJet 800 Network ...

You should trying sharing out the printer, so that other pc's on your network can print to it.
Good Luck

Collapse -

by regjmb In reply to HP DesignJet 800 Network ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by hjs In reply to HP DesignJet 800 Network ...

I had to reade your question a couple of time to get what you want to do. I have to presume that you are not using a paralell cable to connect the printer. If you were then the first answer would work. You must be wanting to print to it via TCP/IP. You will need a software program call jetdirect. If you got your printer new and it has a jetdirect card then it came with it. If you have an external jetdirect then it came with it also. If not you can download it from HP. Install the software and go to the add printer wizard. You will then add a new port. Chose add jetdirect port and go through the custom printer setup. Plug in all your IP setting and share it out. Everyone on the network will be able to print to it. One last thing, the machine it is setup on is the print server and must remain on for people to print.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)